The main objective of the Adriatic Council is to:
- Create a strong regional economic community from the Alps to the Aegean coast and from the Adriatic to the Black Sea, for all the countries that emerged after the disintegration of Yugoslavia – but also others with a similar regional interest, namely Italy, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania and Turkey – to have a future within European integrations.
- Connecting with global centres of knowledge in order to raise the level of own scientific skills;
- Establishing a joint base of cultural, scientific and economic potentials of the region’s people;
- Acting as a regional knowledge beehive;
- Setting up a Regional Stability and Prosperity Fund;
- Continuous activities in world forums for recognition of regional values, heritage and legacy.